Friday, April 8, 2016

Blogging from A to Z April Challenge 2016 - Letter G

Disney World Vacation:
  Planning, Prepping, Packing and Postponing a trip of a lifetime and things I learned along the way.

Goofy Characters: I have a great dislike of clowns. Don't know when this happened (don't like parades either with the same sort of feeling), but I figure somewhere back in the dark mists of childhood something must have happened. So I am choosy about the cartoon characters I admire. 

When I was a Children's Librarian, I used to hire a performer who would don costumes and entertain the kids. Winnie the Pooh was my favorite, I was comfortable with that persona although it was the same person under any of the big heads and paws.

I noticed I was planning on spending 6 days in a place populated with big heads worn by cast members (employees) who would be acting with clown like motions. So I made a mental list of those to avoid if at all possible. Goofy came up at the top of the list. In fact, after reviewing the books and websites to look at as many Face Characters (those who don't wear head covering costumes) and head covered characters who populate the streets of Disney World, the only one who seemed to cause that uneasy sensation to rise along my spine was poor Goofy. Poor half man/half dog/half witted clown like guy.
After some thought, I have decided to track down Goofy while I am at the Park and give him a hug and have my picture taken with him. He won't know, but I will feel better.
www. magicalears.com

3 comments:

JoJo said...

I'm not a fan of clowns either although I have a knitted clown someone made me when I was little and he's really cute, probably cause it doesn't have clown makeup on.

Ellie said...

I've always had a slight fear of costumed characters. I think it was the big heads on the small bodies that really freaked me out.

Random Musings said...

Just try to focus on the fact that inside the suit it's a teenager trying to pay their way through college :)
Debbie