Monday, June 11, 2012

Starting a New Class...

I have become addicted to something new, On-Line Classes, helping me pass the time until I retire.

SHARE THE COLOR LOVE BLINKIEI have now started Color Love 101 with Joanne Sharpe, my third with this instructor, she is fabulous, and am still finishing a class about how to get the most out of your die cutting machine with Jennifer McGuire.

I have taken about 10 of these very useful classes in the last 6 months. They are great because I can visit them at any time, anywhere and go back to any section as often as I like. I put the laptop right on my crafting table and work right along with the class halting the video when I need to catch up. It's great.

There is usually a group blog where you can share thoughts with others taking the class and an on-line gallery to see what other participants are doing with the same ideas you are learning.

Has my actual artwork improved.... hmmm... not sure. You see, I've been taking a lot of classes and so I'm kinda busy and maybe I'm not creating actual stuff as much as I was. LOL. Sort of like rearranging my craft room. If I change the furniture enough, I don't have to actually make something, it just looks like I'm being productive.

Anyway, Color Love 101 is all about using different mediums in your work, such as colored pencils, watercolored pencils and paints, acrylic paints, pastels and markers, to make bright backgrounds and illustrations. It should be lots of fun and I will be using lots of products to make some journals for the next 5 weeks.

I'll be posting some of my artwork here on a regular basis, I hope.

Thanks for stopping by.


www.onlinecardclasses.com Jennifer McGuire
http://joannezsharpe.blogspot.com/p/online-classes.html

3 comments:

Heather M. Gardner said...

Can't wait to see what you come up with!
HMG

Suz said...

Thank you, Heather. I'm trying.

Anonymous said...

I think I'm going to try some classes too. Let me know the next class you are signing up for after this one. Maybe we can do it together. Your method sounds very do-able if I can steal the laptop from A & E long enough!

:-D
K.