Friday, January 20, 2012

Roses for our Anniversary...

December 21, the longest night of the year, is our Anniversary. Most times we treat ourselves out for dinner, sometimes we have bought each other cards & gifts; last year, we went on a cruise and said part of it was to celebrate.

This year, we hadn't planned much and then Gary surprised me with a dozen roses at work. They were exquisite. Soft pink color, with a pretty filler that had tiny pink flowers and branches that were from birch trees with little brown "catkins" hanging off the tips.

Everybody at work enjoyed my surprise and the fragrance- so welcome in the cold of December. I left one bloom and some greens at work so I could enjoy the beauty and took the rest home for the holidays.

Gary hit the mark this time. I enjoyed every bloom. I am so glad I took photos, they will tide me over until our outside roses start to bloom.
Thanks for stopping by.

No comments: