Monday, April 15, 2013

Blogging from A to Z April Challenge- Letter M

WELCOME, EVERYONE:

 to my second year in the Blogging from A to Z April Challenge.

Since I plan to retire shortly, I thought an alphabetical look back at my paying library career and a look ahead to my crafting and writing career would be a good use of my 26 days in this challenge, 26 wonderful words for retiring me. Hope you enjoy. I am looking forward to reading whatever you share this month on your blogs, too.

LOOKING BACK: 
Magniloquent- (speaking or expressed in a lofty or grandiose style, pompous, bombastic, boastful.) 
I was looking for a good M word in the big Random House Dictionary of the English Language, 1966 edition, and found this interesting word. Don't think I've ever seen it in print. That will be my word for the week. Wonder how many appropriate times I can use it!!

Looking ahead: 
Markers- (realization beforehand, foretaste.)
You should see how many markers I have- wait, I'll take a photo to demonstrate. I've acquired many of these since I've started taking the on-line classes. There are alcohol inks, watercolor inks, permanent inks, india inks. Markers for coloring, lettering, calligraphy. In fact, I have the best set of markers in the world...
Oh, wait, I was being a little magniloquent, wasn't I.


Thanks for stopping by.


5 comments:

Andrea said...

I can NEVER let my 13 year old daughter see that picture of your markers!

Heather M. Gardner said...

Ha! Very good. I see what you did there!

Yeah. You have too many markers.

HMG

Melissa Sugar said...

What a cool word, magniloquent. Fascinating collection of markers. I am so jealous. Hi, I am your newest follower from the A to Z challenge. I am number 528 on the list.

Lucy R said...

What a beautiful set of markers!
Kids Math Teacher

TaMara Sloan said...

Oh, I love markers!! I definitely am coveting your set. :)

TaMara
Tales of a Pee Dee Mama