Friday, April 26, 2013

Blogging from A to Z April Challenge- Letter W

WELCOME, EVERYONE:

 to my second year in the Blogging from A to Z April Challenge.

Since I plan to retire shortly, I thought an alphabetical look back at my paying library career and a look ahead to my crafting and writing career would be a good use of my 26 days in this challenge, 26 wonderful words for retiring me. Hope you enjoy. I am looking forward to reading whatever you share this month on your blogs, too.
Hey, I handed in my retirement letter yesterday. I am so happy and relieved; I can breathe.
LOOKING BACK: 
Waiting- (remain in a state of rest or inaction, as until something expected happens.) 
The waiting is the hardest part... I can't start to finalize anything until I hand in my letter of retirement and then I suppose all heck will break lose. My job will be divided up, new people appointed, new people trained in between the days that I'll be taking off in May. Time will fly by, I'm sure.


Looking ahead: 
Waiting- (remain in a state of rest or inaction, as until something expected happens.)
All my cats and craft stuff, my books, my garden and my suitcases are waiting for me. I pat them as I pass them and say "I'll be with you guys soon." And then there is Gary, he has been waiting for 2+ years for me to be home full time to boss him around and tell him where to go. Poor man, his days of serenity are fast approaching an end.

3 comments:

Liz A. said...

How exciting. Although, waiting isn't the fun part, is it?

Kirsten said...

The wait seems to take forever until it's done. Love your countdown clock!
Happy retirement when it comes. :-)
Short Story Ideas & Just Ermie

Heather M. Gardner said...

Congrats!

No, he's not really waiting for you to come home.

The waiting is the hardest part? That sounds familiar!

Tom Petty!

Heather