Saturday, April 27, 2013

Blogging from A to Z April Challenge- Letter X

WELCOME, EVERYONE:

 to my second year in the Blogging from A to Z April Challenge.

Since I plan to retire shortly, I thought an alphabetical look back at my paying library career and a look ahead to my crafting and writing career would be a good use of my 26 days in this challenge, 26 wonderful words for retiring me. Hope you enjoy. I am looking forward to reading whatever you share this month on your blogs, too.

LOOKING BACK: 
Xanthochroid- (belonging to or pertaining to the light-complexioned or light-haired peoples of the white race.) 
Yeah, I know this is a stretch. I looked it up in the Library dictionary so it counts for looking back. I am very fair in coloring and even had my first basal skin cancer spots removed this year. On my lower calf, just above my ankle?? What's with that? Shoulders or back or chest, I can see. Must be from wearing capri pants and then putting my legs up while I'm sitting; never thought to use sun screen there.
Looking ahead: 
X-hausted- (worn-out.)
Who'dda thunk 26 days of blogging could be so intense.

See more of my poems and articles at  http://www.monroelibrary.org/10950/nav/etc/newsletter.php in the By The Millpond newsletter.

2 comments:

Heather M. Gardner said...

You looked it up at the library so it counts?

Yeah, I guess it does!

Heather

Su-sieee! Mac said...

In the past year, I've gotten a line of sun spots down my inner leg. Beats me how that happened. Sure, I wear shorts a lot, but I don't go out that much. Funny how things just pop up as our bodies grow older.

Don't be a Hippie
Take 25 to Hollister