Friday, April 5, 2013

Blogging from A to Z April Challenge- Letter E

WELCOME, EVERYONE:

 to my second year in the Blogging from A to Z April Challenge.

Since I plan to retire shortly, I thought an alphabetical look back at my paying library career and a look ahead to my crafting and writing career would be a good use of my 26 days in this challenge, 26 wonderful words for retiring me. Hope you enjoy. I am looking forward to reading whatever you share this month on your blogs, too.

LOOKING BACK: 
Epiphany- (Sudden manifestation or perception of the essential nature or meaning of something.) 
So I woke up one morning and said, "Hey, I don't have to stay here. I can get books at my home library, (or, shudder, on Amazon.").

Looking ahead: 
Exercise- (bodily or mental exertion especially for the sake of training or improvement.)
I have promised my doctor that once I have my days to myself I will start walking daily to lose weight and strengthen my muscles. I have been sitting at a desk for too long. If I want to be sitting to write and create, I have got to make time to walk. I promise.

8 comments:

Commonweeder said...

My husband and I are also trying to walk every day. Epiphanies are often found in my garden. Great post and I'm very glad to find you.

Andrea said...

Since my mom retired last April, she has been able to actually make time for exercise. I am still caught off guard when she says things like "after my 2 hours at the gym". She looks and feels great!

Harvest Moon by Hand said...

I've been walking daily since adopting a puppy in February. (I think I've missed two days due to -20 degree temperatures.) Anyway...I find that even on the days that I don't feel like walking, I am always happy I do. Like yesterday on our walk, two sandhill cranes flew overhead. I wouldn't have seen that if I had not gone on a walk. Little things like this keep me motivated to continue to walk - both for the benefits of my dogs as well as myself. I hope you find the same - and even greater - rewards when you are walking! :)

Sanderella said...

Two great words! Congrats on your upcoming retirement! I had to also, but will be looking for some work shortly....need to! Enjoyed your post! www.sandysanderellasmusings.blogspot.com

PK HREZO said...

Great to meet you Suz! Two excellent E words. I used to have epiphanies all the time back in college. lol

Suz said...

Thank you all.
Commonweeder, I find bunnies, groundhogs, fox, skunks, opossums and cats in my garden, oh and occasionally a flower or two. Sometimes a writing idea or two blooms there also.

Andrea, good job to your Mom. I applaud her.

Harvest Moon, I've tried taking my six indoor cats for walks.... but it turns into more of a drag. Having someone to walk with really does give you incentive, whether 2 footed or 4 footed.

Sandy, I'm not prying, but, are you looking for work because you are bored or because you want/need a little more income?

Pk, my college epiphanies came from rum and cokes!

Sandra Tyler said...

I love sitting. Especially since I bought this enormous comfy lounge chair that I call my "office."

Sandra Tyler said...

I love sitting. Especially since I bought this enormous comfy lounge chair that I call my "office."