Monday, April 21, 2014

Blogging from A to Z April Challenge 2014 - Letter R

Hello, Old Friends and New and Welcome to

April
and my 3rd year of  blogging in the Challenge. 


I love cats. I can't remember a time when there weren't cats in my life. Sometimes one or two, most times lots more. My husband, Gary, and I seem to be magnets for strays. Consequently, I have many photographs of cats and kittens that resided outside our houses and of those who, by the luck of the draw or paw, made it into the inner sanctum of feline luxury, our home. I have also written poems and stories about cats that I will share for the next 8 blog days with you. I am also looking forward to visiting your blogs to see what interests you.


R is for Renovations...

Several years ago, we had our house completely renovated. The cats that were living with us at the time were completely discombobulated. They never knew from one day to another what room(s) would be off limits and what scary noises they would have to listen to for hours. The stairs were completely missing for several days and we had to block the opening with a baby gate. While this work was taking place, it reminded me of one of my favorite poems- by A. A. Milne.

Halfway Down

Halfway down the stairs
Is a stair
Where I sit.
There isn't any
Other stair
Quite like
Trouble was the first one on the partially completed stairs. Meghan at the top.
It.
I'm not at the bottom,
I'm not at the top:
So this is the stair
Where
I always
Stop.

Halfway up the stairs
Isn't up,
And isn't down.
It isn't in the nursery,
It isn't in the town.
And all sorts of funny thoughts
Run round my head:
"It isn't really
Anywhere!
It's somewhere else
Instead!"

Gracie and JJ on the steps, Fiona hiding between wall and steps.

Lucy playing ball on completed steps with my grandson. DJ throws a ball in the basket, she runs over to investigate.

Thank you for stopping in and I hope you enjoy my pampered cats.


Blogging from A to Z April Challenge - 2014 




3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi there - I have one cat that I love a lot! Always remember, the house the the people are theirs and not the other way around. Also loved your poem. :)

Kathe W. said...

I love this poem- thanks for reminding me of it! Cheers!
ps We love cats also! Always have at least one!

Heather M. Gardner said...

Seems like a long time ago we gutted that place!

HMG