Saturday, April 5, 2014

Blogging from A to Z April Challenge 2014 - Letter E

Hello, Old Friends and New and Welcome to

April
and my 3rd year of  blogging in the Challenge. 


I love cats. I can't remember a time when there weren't cats in my life. Sometimes one or two, most times lots more. My husband, Gary, and I seem to be magnets for strays. Consequently, I have many photographs of cats and kittens that resided outside our houses and of those who, by the luck of the draw or paw, made it into the inner sanctum of feline luxury, our home. I have also written poems and stories about cats that I will share for the next 22 days with you. I am also looking forward to visiting your blogs to see what interests you.


E is for Eyes and Ears...

Cameras do interesting things to cat eyes.

Gracie Loo, our Duchess.


This is Fred and his sister, Ginger. Her eyes were a brilliant yellow, but always photographed oddly. They are sitting on the toaster oven waiting for dinner.

Our sweet Fiona, who was nearly blind with eye infections as a kitten.


Trouble's eyes are the most beautiful Siamese blue; they never photograph that way. He is part Siamese somewhere in his background, but his Mom is a vibrant orange, white and black calico.
Fred has a damaged ear. Happened years ago, we presume in a fight. Fred is, after all, Top Cat on our property. Everybody bows down when he goes outside. He is seldom challenged. Inside, he is a big mush.
A photo of Buffy, or Van Gogh. As an outdoor kitten, one day she had two ears, the next only 1 1/2. The vet surgically removed the remains and she became an indoor kitty. Buffy never grew. She remained this size for about 3 years until she went to heaven. You could hold her whole body in two hands.



Thank you for stopping in and I hope you enjoy my pampered cats.


Blogging from A to Z April Challenge - 2014

14 comments:

Unknown said...

LOL Mad-Cat Family, how many have claimed you? Its a good thing you have a barn!

I can just about cope with the one; who has finally settled as my cushion after pouncing on me all day for cuddles and brushing.

The cat line-up for food made me laugh and I see your Gary knows his place with little Fiona getting cosy. I think I saw a child under the furs too ;)

Cute. I'll pop back. Happy April hopping.

Meghan aka FireBonnet said...

It's wonderful to meet you! We share a love of cats. My two cats actually write some of the posts on my blog. (as does the dog) My Buffy writes a haiku each week on Thursday and today Philosocat Jack considers the deeper meaning of a threshold.
I found you through your fearless leader Stormy the Weather Gnome, I'm doing the A-Z as well.

JoJo said...

Buffy was soooo cute. Sorry to hear her life was so short.

Arlee Bird said...

Well, I'll be honest. I'm no fan of cats. My mother hated cats apparently due to some childhood traumatic thing and she instilled a dislike for them.

When my kids were young I did get a cat for a while because they wanted one, but we only kept it for about a year before I gave it away.

They are interesting to observe, but I'm just not a pet person.

Nice photos though.

Lee
Wrote By Rote
An A to Z Co-host blog

JosephAlsarraf said...

A meme about cat's! I'll defiantly be stopping by your blog again. My house is the same way about cat's, we have usually a few of them walking around. Sometimes we get visits from strays wanting to come in, or be petted.

Great post, thanks for sharing!
: )

Suz said...

Thank you, everyone, for your wonderful comments.
Buffy's mom had several kittens that remained very small. They all had relatively short lives. Something genetically wrong, I presume.
Meghan, I like your idea of cats helping you write your blog. Right now mine are much more interested in shredding my craft room, but they do love to walk on my lap top and change it to airplane mode.
Arlee, I understand your dislike of cats. I won't ask you to cat sit for me any time soon.
See you all on Monday.

Suzi's Ice Box Art!
Stormy's Sidekick
Blogging from A to Z April Challenge

Kristin Smith said...

Cats do have amazing eyes!

I think my boys would have fun at your house! My oldest son who is now 12 has always loved cats to the point of obsession. We don't own any furry pets (only leopard geckos), but I remember the first apartment we ever lived in had lots of stray cats. He loved those cats and tried so hard to bring one home.

Heather M. Gardner said...

Hi Fred!!!

HMG

Zannie Rose said...

love all these cat photos.
The one with all those pairs of lit up eyes is amazing...and the little kitty with one ear- poignant

Andrea said...

Love the pyramid of laser eyes!

thelmaz said...

I love cats, too. Thanks for the pictures. Are all of these yours? Visiting my fellow A to Zers. Hope you'll visit back. This year I'm doing quirky quotes. www.widowsphere.blogspot.com

Sheri said...

I am absolutely a cat person, although I haven't always been. I've had multiple cats before, but now am owned by only one! I think Fred's injured ear is cute. It adds another dimension to his personality.

Anna (herding cats-burning soup) said...

Aw they're all gorgeous! I love the photo of the whole herd with glowing eyes. It is always fun to see what a camera will do to them. lol

Happy A to Z-ing!
~Anna
herding cats & burning soup.

Shine Kapoor said...

Beautifully captured cats :)