Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Blogging from A to Z April Challenge 2014 - Letter H

Hello, Old Friends and New and Welcome to

April
and my 3rd year of  blogging in the Challenge. 


I love cats. I can't remember a time when there weren't cats in my life. Sometimes one or two, most times lots more. My husband, Gary, and I seem to be magnets for strays. Consequently, I have many photographs of cats and kittens that resided outside our houses and of those who, by the luck of the draw or paw, made it into the inner sanctum of feline luxury, our home. I have also written poems and stories about cats that I will share for the next 20 days with you. I am also looking forward to visiting your blogs to see what interests you.


H is for Heads Down, and in some cases, Gone...

 Many cats, while drifting off to sleep, end up with their noses planted in the covers or rug. We call that Heads Down. They often snore in that position, which adds to the fun. Some other cats seem to lose their heads over the mention of kitty naps. 
Buffy was a cuddle cat and loved to put her head under somebody (Jasmine)-

-Anybody (Margaret).

Guess Trouble went over his 2 beer limit.

Gracie always sleeps with her head turned and propped at the weirdest angles.


Never fails to make us laugh.
Trouble has very long legs and there is always something sticking out of his circle. It really looks like his back leg is coming out of the top of his head.

The gray is JJ, real name Jumpin' Jack, who loved to sleep with Margaret.

Gracie needed some sun block.

Last but not least, Margaret , who was our best Head Down sleeper.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Thank you for stopping in and I hope you enjoy my pampered cats.


Blogging from A to Z April Challenge - 2014 

 

6 comments:

JoJo said...

Silly kitties! My dogs get into some uncomfortable positions w/ their heads too, esp. my German shepherd.

Shesha Chaturvedi said...

These sleeping cats are cute! I have never been near to a cat except twice during my childhood!

Heather M. Gardner said...

Ha!
These are great.
HMG

Chrys Fey said...

I love cats, too! They really do sleep in the oddest positions. And oddest places. One of my cats fell asleep in a witch's cauldron that I brought out for Halloween. haha

betty said...

Visiting from A/Z; you would think some of those positions the cats sleep in would be downright uncomfortable! Our corgi, who of course is not a cat, tends to sleep very spread out, not curled up, thus taking way too much of the bed :)

Good luck with the rest of the challenge!

betty

Phoenix said...

Oh this is so adorable! Love the long legs that just stick out of his circle- so cute!