Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Blogging from A to Z April Challenge 2014 - Letter A

Hello, Old Friends and New and Welcome to


April

and my 3rd year of  blogging in the Challenge. 


I love cats. I can't remember a time when there weren't cats in my life. Sometimes one or two, most times lots more. My husband, Gary, and I seem to be magnets for strays. Consequently, I have many photographs of cats and kittens that resided outside our houses and of those who, by the luck of the draw or paw, made it into the inner sanctum of feline luxury, our home. I have also written poems and stories about cats that I will share for the next 26 days with you. I am also looking forward to visiting your blogs to see what interests you.


A is for Active, Agile, Athletic...

Night Life At Our House

Ralph, who was named Rachael at birth.
When the lights go out at our house,
And the night has settled in,
It’s not the mice that come out to play,
But the cats that make the din.

Night becomes Olympic time,
With all the thumps and bumps
Of slalom runs and toboggan rides
And contests in ski jumps.

You lie awake within the bed,
And listen to the noise.
You begin to wonder who will win,
The girl’s team or the boy’s.

Somewhere close to midnight
The players lose some steam.
But, now they’re fighting under the bed
As you just drift off to dream.
Rachael soon become Ralph when it was evident

When the morning sun comes shining
And you stumble from the bed,
You’ll find the jolly contestants
In the kitchen waiting to be fed.

You rush about to leave for work,
Grouchy from lack of sleep
And notice that your feline friends
Are curled up not making a peep.

Cats are very athletic
And seldom come to harm
They love to be active when the sun goes down
And sleep after they hear your alarm.
By Suz

that she was a he.
Thank you for stopping in and I hope you enjoy my pampered cats.



Blogging from A to Z April Challenge - 2014

19 comments:

Unknown said...

This is my first year A to Z, what a lovely friendly blog. It's so nice to connect
http://aimingforapublishingdeal.blogspot.co.uk/
Twitter: WriterBizWoman

Unknown said...


This is my second year it's a challenge but fun. I too love cats. I have two 16 yr old cat kids right now but have had cats in my life for years.

Came by from


http://talesofthereborncrafter.blogspot.com/2014/04/things-that-i-have-learned-for-alphabet.html

Suz said...

Nice. Good post!


I made a few changes before it went up.

Something wrong w/ the time, too.

I'll see if I can fix it.

HMG

JoJo said...

You're off to a great start!!! Happy April! Let's hope Ma Nature got the memo.

Karen Jones Gowen said...

I love cats too but unfortunately due to allergies in my family we became dog people instead.

Jean said...

Cats are so much fun. Nice blog...

Kathleen Jennette said...

Cats are so playful. I have dogs and they have never seemed to go together in my house though. Cute as can be.
Katy Did
Life's Ride In Between

Timothy S. Brannan said...

Congrats on Year 3!

I have to show these pictures to my kids, they would love them.

--
Timothy S. Brannan
The Other Side, April Blog Challenge: The A to Z of Witches

Unknown said...

We don't have cats; we have a dog who is anti-social to other creatures. LOL Sometimes I think my small people are like your cats though; active by night, sleepy by day.

TaMara
AJ's AtoZ wHooligan
Tales of a Pee Dee Mama

Jeanne said...

I love your cat! I lost my orange kitty this year (sad) but have five other feline furbabies to keep me company at Seven Oaks, plus the dog who finds the cats. Looking forward to more blog posts. Jeanne (also in the A-Z challenge!)

Alyssa said...

Cats are so cute! Sadly I'm allergic, but ahhh these pictures are adorable!

Unknown said...

The perfect "Ode to a kitten"
Should be another fun A to Z
Happy A to Zing
Alive with Poetry

Ava Quinn said...

What a fantastic, lively tribute to cat antics. I really enjoyed it. See you around the challenge!

Andrea said...

Awww, Ralph is a cutie!

20/20 Hines Sight said...

Congrats on year 3! I have never had a cat and this poem gives me a nice introduction to a cat's life. I like the phrase, "Olympic time" because I can see them running and jumping and doing all sorts of acrobatics and balancing acts. Good visual.

stefani said...

Yay for kitties! My cats are famous for making a ruckus all night too and surprisingly sometimes it ends up being just one kitty running around the house. Who knew one cat could make as much noise as a bunch.

Looking forward to your kitty posts.

Stefani @ Dreams of Nyssa

Pam Williams said...

I love cats and I love rhyming poems so your blog is a big hit with me! You capture the true personality of cats!

Corinne said...

Cute, cute poem...I love cats!

Suz said...

Thank you all for the very positive comments, this challenge is a labor of love to all the kitties we have had and those who live with us now.