Monday, April 7, 2014

Blogging from A to Z April Challenge 2014 - Letter F

Hello, Old Friends and New and Welcome to

April
and my 3rd year of  blogging in the Challenge. 


I love cats. I can't remember a time when there weren't cats in my life. Sometimes one or two, most times lots more. My husband, Gary, and I seem to be magnets for strays. Consequently, I have many photographs of cats and kittens that resided outside our houses and of those who, by the luck of the draw or paw, made it into the inner sanctum of feline luxury, our home. I have also written poems and stories about cats that I will share for the next 21 days with you. I am also looking forward to visiting your blogs to see what interests you.


F is for Fur, Bad Fur Day that is...

 

There are days after that tongue bath you took, when no matter what you do, no matter how much gel you slap on or spray you use, you know you should have worn a hat all over your body.

Meghan enjoying some quiet time in the sink. She has lived inside with us for 14+ years and barely tolerates being touched.



The new guys, Max in tub and Linus out, thinking of taking a shower. They don't want to be caught rumpled.
Every family has an Uncle Bob. He was friends with everybody and fathered many litters. As  an older feral, he came in one day and stayed. Had a good trick. He'd eat with the cats on the back porch, ask to come in, then ask to go out the front door so he could eat with his friends out there. He liked sleeping in the sink.
This little one kept getting caught in the rain instead of going in one of the cat houses.

I'd bring him in and towel dry him with varying styling results.

I think a little shampoo and cream rinse might have helped.
Love her punk hairdo.
Fred fell asleep in the middle of his bath one day. That tummy fur really needs a hat.

Thank you for stopping in and I hope you enjoy my pampered cats.


Blogging from A to Z April Challenge - 2014 

8 comments:

JoJo said...

Awww so fuzzy!

Heather M. Gardner said...

I love that Fred picture!

Heather

Lacey Dearie said...

I adore these pictures! They are fabulous. I found your blog through the A to Z Blogging Challenge signup list and I'm looking forward to reading your blogs more often as I actually write cat sleuth stories for a living and I gravitate towards anything cat related.

Anna (herding cats-burning soup) said...

They just look so...pitiful when they've been caught in a storm or had a bath. lol

Love the mid lick doze.

Happy A to Z-ing!
~Anna
herding cats & burning soup.

Anna (herding cats-burning soup) said...

They just look so...pitiful when they've been caught in a storm or had a bath. lol

Love the mid lick doze.

Happy A to Z-ing!
~Anna
herding cats & burning soup.

Phoenix said...

How funny and adorable! :)

Tasha Duncan-Drake said...

Aww - kitties. Such beautiful babies, even when rain soaked. I love cats. Mine is currently sitting behind me between me and the back of my chair. She has been on the desk, but I wouldn't let her play with the hard drive leads so she is sulking :).
Tasha
Tasha's Thinkings - AtoZ (Vampires)
FB3X - AtoZ (Erotic Drabbles)

Maria said...

Love that first photo of the cat in the sink! I am not a fan of cats but I simply adore cheeky cat photos :D

Visiting for the A-Z April Challenge. Cheers!